Sunday 29 December 2013

Creativity and a Buddy Aids Recovery

EK Buddy BlanQuilts did not just spring out of the ether.  It evolved, from a
long and arduous journey on an isolated road to recovery. Everybody needs a Buddy, particularly during difficult times in ones life.  Can you remember your first real Buddy?


Mine was a teddy and I remember vividly the devastation I felt, when I returned home from school one day to find that my mother's clear-out included ted, a huge cuddly thing almost taking up half my bed. His name escapes me, but I do recall his matted bronze fur and evidence of several repairs; his partially chewed nose, dislocated limb and squint through one eye.  Need I say much more about the fun we shared and the love and care I bestowed upon him for so many years?

JuJu with Buddy BlanQuilt, Eli Snuggles and his two cousins, Bearesford Slee-Peasy and Kozi Bearsfeet (red eyes). These two Cushbears were made from my daughter's favourite jeans and a much loved top.

My son's was a much loved blanket, a part balled up in a tightly clenched fat fist; providing strength, courage and a hiding place, should monsters chance a visit during a restless night.

A pillow which smelled apparently, of strawberries and cream gave my daughter a great deal of comforting pleasure; until one fateful day, I put it in the washing machine. Ooooops still haven't lived that one down 27 years later.

But I've made amends, me thinks with our Buddy Cushbear range dedicated to all those big and little people who have lost a much loved Buddy.

I love Blubear and so will the person who owns him.
I'm good to go and just so you know, I'm Blubear and I don't like bullies so you better not think of having a go! Got it.

We have two websites, I know!  I'm not batty or trying to show off, our purchasing website was made by the fabulous Marie at Mamidesigns where you can purchase our products or have one specially made.  The other one, was me, trying my hand at a different kind of creativity and adding a bit more fun to our much loved Buddies, where you can have a look and feel for the passion involved in creating our wonderful products.

A Huge thank you goes out to Simone Gibbons for our fantastic logo and to my daughter, Taylor for dreaming it up.

2 comments:

  1. I love how all your Buddies and Blanquilts have their own unique and touching story. You are a very gifted lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie. Our Fabulous Webdesigner. Check out her Websites. Mamidesigns .Shes great.

      Delete